Sweet Italian Sausage with Fennel and Red Onion Slaw
Sweet Italian Sausage with Fennel and Red Onion Slaw mixes mild and sharp elements for a delicious fusion of flavours. Assemble the easy-to-prepare sausages on Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Buns for a satisfying lunch or dinner that grills up in no time. Serves six.
- 6 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Buns
- 6 sweet Italian sausages
- 1 head fennel, core removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Toss fennel with red onion, parsley, olive oil, vinegar and salt.
- Chill for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, grill sausages according to package directions.
- Assemble sausages in buns with fennel slaw.
- If serving for less people, divide accordingly.