Grilled Salmon on a Bun with Herb Vinaigrette
Fresh and delicious, this Grilled Salmon on a Bun with Herb Vinaigrette is a light but filling dinner option. The grilled fish sandwich is served on a Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Bun with a zesty vinaigrette for savoury flavour in every bite. Serves four.
- 4 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Buns
- 4 small salmon fillets (4 oz/125 g each)
- 1 small head radicchio, quartered
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) arugula
- Lemon wedges
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped chives
- Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grates well.
- Brush salmon and radicchio with 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill radicchio for 3 to 5 minutes or until charred. Remove from grill and separate leaves.
- Grill salmon, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until opaque and flakes easily when tested.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Brush buns with remaining olive oil; bake for about 3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in olive oil; whisk until blended. Whisk in chives.
- Toss arugula with vinaigrette.
- Place one salmon fillet in each bun; top with grilled radicchio and arugula.
- Serve with lemon wedges.