Grilled Fish Sandwich with Pancetta, Red Peppers and Artichokes
This light and zesty Grilled Fish Sandwich with Pancetta, Red Peppers and Artichokes is a Mediterranean-inspired dish that’s filled with flavour. Served on a Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Bun, it brings savoury taste to summer grilling. Serves six.
Preparation 15 min
Total 25 min
- 6 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Buns
- 2 (170 g) jars marinated artichokes
- 6 small tilapia fillets (or 3 large fillets)
- 12 thin slices pancetta
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) mayonnaise (optional)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) jarred roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Meanwhile, drain artichokes, reserving marinade for fish.
- Chop artichokes and set aside.
- Toss fish with artichoke marinade and let stand for 10 minutes. Shake off excess and grill fish for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Cut fillets in half lengthwise if using large fillets.
- Grill pancetta for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until grill-marked and lightly crisp.
- Assemble grilled fish in buns with mayonnaise, red peppers, artichokes and pancetta.
- If serving for less people, divide accordingly.
Tips: Tilapia can also be brushed with 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil (30 mL) and seasoned with 1/2 (2 mL) tsp salt.