Grilled Banana and Hazelnut Spread Sandwich
This easy-to-make Grilled Banana and Hazelnut Spread Sandwich is a sweet snack you won't want to miss. Prepared on a Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Bun and topped with marshmallows, the grilled sandwich is a decadent dessert reminiscent of campfires and classic s’mores. Serves six.
Preparation 5 min
Total 10 min
- 6 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Buns
- 6 firm ripe bananas, peeled
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) hazelnut spread
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) mini marshmallows
- Preheat grill to medium high; grease grate well.
- Grill banana for 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally, or until grill-marked.
- Meanwhile, grill buns for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Spread each bun with hazelnut spread.
- Top with grilled banana and mini marshmallows.
- Place sandwiches back on grill, cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows start to melt.
- If serving for less people, divide accordingly.
Tips: For a more decadent treat, top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.