Rich and Savoury Tuscan-Style Steak Sandwich
Serve this Rich and Savoury Tuscan-Style Steak Sandwich on Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Buns for a delicious grilled dinner. Lightly seasoned steak is paired with blue cheese dressing to create a robust grilled sandwich that's big on flavour. Serves six.
Preparation 10 min
Total 30 min
- 6 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Buns
- 3 strip loin steaks
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) arugula
- 12 tomato slices
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) blue cheese dressing
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Toss steaks with oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or cook to preferred doneness.
- Let rest for 10 minutes then thinly slice across the grain. Meanwhile, grill buns for 30 to 60 seconds or until toasted.
- Layer steak in buns with arugula, tomatoes and blue cheese dressing.
- If serving for less people, divide accordingly.
Tips: Substitute ranch dressing for blue cheese dressing, if desired.