Grilled Shrimp Rolls with Red Pepper Mayo
Savoury, Simple Grilled Shrimp Rolls with Red Pepper Mayo are a popular, easy-to-prep choice for BBQ season. Seasoned jumbo shrimp with a hint of chili heat are loaded onto delicious Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Buns and topped off with a tangy sauce. Serves four.
- 4 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Buns
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1 lb (500 g) jumbo peeled deveined shrimp (16-20 count)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula
- Lemon wedges
- Mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and hot pepper flakes; toss with shrimp.
- Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grates well.
- Thread shrimp onto soaked bamboo or metal skewers.
- Grill shrimp, turning once, for 4 to 5 minutes or until grill-marked, pink and opaque.
- In food processor or blender, purée red peppers. Add mayonnaise; blend until smooth.
- Spread red pepper mayonnaise over buns; sandwich shrimp and arugula in buns.
- Serve with lemon wedges.