Zesty Grilled Tuna Burgers
Mediterranean-inspired ingredients bring fresh flavour to these Zesty Grilled Tuna Burgers. Bursting with tangy taste, the tuna patties are prepared with capers and fresh lemon and served on delicious Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Hamburger Buns. Serves four.
- 4 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Hamburger Buns, toasted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) drained capers
- 2 cans (each 170 g) water-packed tuna, well drainedand flaked
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula
- Chop 3 tbsp (45 mL) of capers; set remaining capers aside.
- Mix together chopped capers, tuna, breadcrumbs, eggs, 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil,half of the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Divide into 4 portions; shape into 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties.
- Brush patties with remaining olive oil to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour on parchment paper-lined tray. Stir mayonnaise with remaining lemon juice; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Reduce heat to medium; grill patties for 3 or 4 minutes per side or until grill-marked and heated through.
- Assemble burgers in buns with lemon mayonnaise, arugula and reserved capers.
Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) of chopped fresh parsley or mint to the burger patties if desired.