Grilled Veal Saltimbocca Sandwich with Cheese
This Grilled Veal Saltimbocca Sandwich with Cheese updates the classic Italian recipe into an irresistibly savoury sandwich. Served on a Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Hamburger Buns, the dish combines rich flavours and textures for a delicious, aromatic dinner option. Serves eight.
- 8 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Hamburger Buns
- 2 lb (1 kg) veal scaloppini
- 16 sage leaves
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 small head radicchio, quartered
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Pat veal dry and arrange two sage leaves and prosciutto slice on top.
- Fold veal over filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Brush both sides of veal with half the oil.
- Brush the remaining oil all over radicchio and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill veal for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill-marked and veal is cooked through. Grill radicchio quarters for 2 minutes per side or until grill-marked.
- Halve each quarter.
- Remove toothpick from veal bundles. Assemble veal in buns with radicchio and provolone.
- If serving for less people, divide accordingly.