Vegetarian Mushroom Burger with Grilled Greens
This Vegetarian Mushroom Burger with Grilled Greens brings bold flavour to your vegetarian lineup. Meaty Portobello mushroom and bitter greens are enhanced with balsamic vinaigrette and served on a Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Hamburger Buns for a satisfying meatless meal. Serves eight.
- 8 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Hamburger Buns
- 8 Portobello mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, leaves separated and stem trimmed
- 1/3 (75 mL) prepared balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 8 slices fontina cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) jarred roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- Preheat grill to medium high; grease grate well.
- Toss mushrooms with 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinaigrette and Swiss chard with another 2 tbsp (30 mL).
- Grill mushrooms for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until grill-marked and tender.
- Grill Swiss chard leaves for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill-marked.
- Meanwhile toast buns, and brush with remaining balsamic vinaigrette.
- Fill each bun with some Swiss chard leaves, a grilled mushroom cap, slice of fontina cheese and 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped roasted red peppers.
- If serving for less people, divide accordingly.
Substitute kale or radicchio for the Swiss chard, if desired.