Italian Breakfast Sandwich
Preparation 5 min
Total 15 min
- 4 Slices of Villaggio® Artesano™ White Bread
- Italian Herbed Cream Cheese (recipe below)
- 4 Poached Eggs
- 16 Slices of Soppressata
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil, for frying
- 12 slices Prosciutto
- 2 Cups (500g) Baby Arugula
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Italian Herbed Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons (15g) Olive Oil
- 1 Cup (250g) Ricotta Cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup (33g) Fresh Basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup (33g) Fresh Chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup (33g) Fresh Oregano, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons (28g) Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a Mixing Bowl, combine all the ingredients for the Italian Herbed Cheese with a fork, and whip until herbs are incorporated. Set aside.
- Poach Eggs. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat and add in olive oil, then cook the soppressata until lightly crisped for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Lightly toast each slice of bread.
- Evenly spread each slice with Italian herbed cheese, layered with baby arugula, crispy soppressata, prosciutto, Roma tomato slices, and top each with a poached egg.