Savoury Stuffed Cheeseburgers
Impress burger lovers at your next BBQ with these Savoury Stuffed Cheeseburgers. Patties are stuffed with Fontina cheese and assembled on Villaggio® Crustini Hamburger Buns for an ultra-cheesy burger that packs in the flavour. Serves eight.
Preparation 15 min
Total 30 min
- 8 Villaggio® Crustini Hamburger Buns
- 8 Italian sausages, casings removed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 oz (113 g) Fontina cheese, cut evenly into 8 cubes
- 2 cups (500 mL) arugula
- 16 tomato slices
- Mix sausage meat with eggs and breadcrumbs until combined.
- Divide mixture into 8 balls. Stuff a piece of cheese in the centre of each ball. Flatten and shape into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick patties.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Grill burgers, turning once, for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Assemble burgers in buns with arugula and tomato slices.
- If serving for less people, divide accordingly.
- Top burgers with mayonnaise and sundried tomato pesto, if desired.
Tips: Chill burgers for 1 hour for easier grilling.