Grilled Pancetta on a Bun
Get grilling with this great-tasting Grilled Pancetta on a Bun. Served on a delicious Villaggio® Italian Style Crustini Bun, this savoury sandwich is a satisfying option for a quick-and-easy lunch or dinner. Serves eight.
- 8 Villaggio® Crustini Hamburger Buns
- 32 thin slices pancetta
- 1 large red onion, thickly sliced in rings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups (500 mL) arugula
- 16 tomato slices
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grate well.
- Grill pancetta slices for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until grill-marked and lightly crisped.
- Meanwhile, grill onions, turning and basting with balsamic vinegar, for 5 to 10 minutes or until grill-marked and tender.
- Assemble pancetta in buns with mayonnaise (if using), grilled onions, arugula and tomato slices.
- If serving for less people, divide accordingly.