Plant-Based Bruschetta with Roasted Red Peppers and Olives
Quick to prepare, our Plant Based Bruschetta is a wonderful vegetarian option that will certainly be a crowd pleaser. This fresh and tasty recipe combines roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and olives all topped on an Artesano™ Roasted Garlic Baguette. Great as side dish with your dinner or a savoury appetizer at your next get together. Serves eight.
- 1 Villaggio® Artesano™ Roasted Garlic Baguette
- 3 garlic cloves – finely minced
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) capers – drained and chopped
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion – very thinly sliced
- 1 cup mixed olives: nicoise and castelvetrano
- 1 can (398 mL) white beans drained
- 300g green beans – blanched
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 2 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers drained
- Prepare baguettes according to package instructions.
- Whisk garlic, capers, red wine vinegar and dijon together.
- Add in olive oil in a steady stream.
- Add in the sliced onions, olives and white beans.
- Take the peppers and arrange on the baguette slices.
- Top with the green beans and dressing mix evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded basil over the top. Allow to marinate before consuming.