Savoury Sautéed Mushroom and Cheese Crostini
Savoury Sautéed Mushroom and Cheese Crostini is an elegant hors d'oeuvre that's easy to prepare. Toasted Villaggio® Classico Italian Style Thick Slice White Bread is topped with flavourful ingredients for a crisp and aromatic appetizer that's sure to become an instant favourite. Serves eight.
- 8 slices Villaggio® Classico Italian Style Thick Slice White Bread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups sliced mixed mushrooms (about 12 oz/375 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) goat cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut crusts from bread; using rolling pin, roll out bread to flatten slightly.
- Cut into triangles.
- Place on baking sheet; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until toasted and golden.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook garlic and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until browned and moisture has evaporated.
- Stir in thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, mix together goat cheese, cream cheese and dijon mustard; spread over toast points.
- Top evenly with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with shaved parmesan cheese.