Italian Sausage with Fresh Pepper Salsa
Italian Sausage with Fresh Pepper Salsa brings sweet and savoury flavour to your next grill session. The juicy sausage is served on a Villaggio® Crustini Sausage Buns and topped with refreshing salsa for true summer taste. Serves six.
Preparation 15 min
Total 30 min
- 6 Villaggio® Crustini Sausage Buns
- 6 (150g each) Italian sausages
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely chopped rainbow peppers (red, green, yellow)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Mix peppers with onions, olive oil, red wine vinegar, smoked paprika and salt. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Grill sausage, turning occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Assemble sausages in buns with fresh pepper salsa.
- If serving for less people, divide accordingly.
Tips: Use mild or spicy Italian sausage. Garnish sandwiches with fresh basil, if desired.