Grilled Veggie Triple Decker Sandwich
Sweet grilled vegetables are paired with savoury olive tapenade and creamy goat cheese for a vegetarian-friendly sandwich.
- 12 slices Villaggio® Italian Style Thick Slice 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 4 tsp (20 mL) olive oil
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped mixed grilled vegetables
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive tapenade
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) soft goat cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well.
- Brush bread slices with olive oil and grill for 30 to 60 seconds per side or until grill-marked and toasted.
- Spread olive tapenade on 4 of the grilled bread slices.
- Top evenly with arugula and half the veggies.
- Spread goat cheese spread evenly on 4 of the grilled bread slices.
- Top evenly with remaining veggies. Stack these on top of the olive tapenade bread slices.
- Cap with remaining bread slices.
- Secure with toothpicks and slice in half.
Tips: For the grilled vegetables, toss slices of eggplant, zucchini, onion and quartered mixed bell peppers with Italian vinaigrette and grill for 5 to 10 minutes or until grill-marked and tender.