- Four-Tomato Eggs Benedict:
- 4 slices Villaggio® Whole Wheat Bread, toasted and buttered
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 yellow tomato, chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarse salt
- 4 poached eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Hollandaise Sauce:
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) salted butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch smoked paprika
Four-Tomato Eggs Benedict: Toss cherry, yellow, Roma and sun-dried tomatoes with olive oil and salt. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Hollandaise: In small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted and bubbling. Combine egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard in blender; purée until smooth. With motor running, pour the bubbling butter into the blender. Season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Serve immediately.
Spoon tomatoes over slices of bread. Top each with poached egg and Hollandaise Sauce. Garnish with parsley.
To poach eggs, fill saucepan with enough water to come 3 inches (15 cm) up side. Heat until water simmers gently; stir in 1 tsp (5 mL) vinegar. Break each egg into small dish; holding dish just above simmering water, slip each egg into water. Cook, in barely simmering water, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the white is set and yolk is cooked to desired doneness. Remove eggs with slotted spoon; drain well on paper towel.