Easy Tiramisu-Stuffed French Toast
The rich and creamy Tiramisu filling in this Easy Tiramisu-Stuffed French Toast makes brunch extra special. Slices of Villaggio® Classico Italian Style Thick Slice White Bread are filled with coffee-and-spice infused Mascarpone cheese for a truly decadent dish that's quick to prepare. Serves two.
- 4 slices Villaggio® Classico Italian Style Thick Slice White Bread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) icing sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) instant coffee or instant espresso powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cocoa powder
- Mix mascarpone cheese with 2 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Dissolve coffee granules in vanilla and stir into mascarpone mixture.
- Spread 2 tbsp (30 mL) mixture evenly onto two bread slices.
- Top with remaining slices.
- Whisk eggs with milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each sandwich in egg mixture.
- Melt butter in skillet set over medium-heat.
- Cook sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden.
- Dust with cocoa powder and remaining icing sugar and serve warm.