Easy Grilled Caprese Sandwich
This fresh and tasty Easy Grilled Caprese Sandwich adds gourmet flavour to grilled cheese. Villaggio® Classico Italian Style Thick Slice White Bread is layered with classic Caprese salad ingredients and lightly grilled for a delicious, Italian-inspired sandwich. Serves four.
- 8 slices Villaggio® Classico Italian Style Thick Slice White Bread
- 4 oz (125 g) ball bocconcini cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- Preheat panini grill to 375°F (190°C).
- Layer bocconcini, basil and tomato over 4 slices of bread.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper; cap with remaining bread.
- Brush outside of each sandwich with olive oil.
- Place in panini press and grill for 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and outside is golden brown and crisp.
- To serve, cut sandwiches in half.