Chicken Schnitzel Sandwich
Give your crispy chicken sandwich a schnitzel upgrade with this parmesan, panko crumbs and mustard breading.
Preparation 20 min
Total 40 min
- 4 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Hamburger Buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 tbsp Spicy mayonnaise
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grainy mustard
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated parmesan
- 2 cup (300 g) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 g) unsalted butter
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Place chicken breast in plastic freezer bag or parchment and pound each until evenly thin.
- Prepare “breading station” with 1 plate of flour, 1 bowl with eggs and mustard (beaten together) and 1 bowl of cheese and panko breadcrumbs (mixed together).
- Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper, then, dip into the flour for dusting, then, into the egg mixture and lastly into the cheese and panko mixture.
- Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook each prepared chicken breast until golden brown on both sides for approx. 8-10 minutes per side.
- Spread mayonnaise on the bottom bun and layer with tomato.
- Cut each chicken breast in half and layer on top, sprinkle with chopped parsley and a quick squeeze of lemon, then top with more mayonnaise, if desired.