FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Find quick answers to our commonly asked questions.
We have several bakeries across Canada that bake our bread fresh every day.
The mono and di-glycerides used in our products are sourced from plants. There may be some products that have milk ingredients but many of our products do not have any animal ingredients added. For more information on specific products, please contact us.
Our products that have the PARVE kosher symbol are Kosher. For more information on the Kosher status of specific products, please contact us.
We produce our products in multiple bakeries. We are always changing and improving our products. We take allergens very seriously. We recommend you look at the label every time for the most current ingredient information.
We do not have coupons available upon request. If you are on Facebook, 'Like' our Villaggio® fan page to participate in special promotions and offers when they are available or browse our coupon/promotional section for current product promotions or coupon offerings. We also encourage our consumers to look for on-shelf coupons as well as in-store specials and weekly features on our products.
The best place to store your bread is on the counter until the best before date or in the freezer for up to two (2) months. Bread stored in the fridge tends to go stale faster.
Bread will stay fresh in its packaging at room temperature for several days. It is best to keep it in a cool place during hot and humid weather since mould can grow quickly in these conditions.
Yes. Bread can be kept in the freezer for up to two (2) months, provided it is well wrapped, and frozen before the best before date.
The wheat and flour we use in our fresh bakery products is sourced from North America.
All our nutritional information can be found directly on our package. While our websites can contain nutritional and ingredient information, we bake our bread products in multiple bakeries within Canada. We are always changing and improving our products and always recommend that you read the label every time you purchase our bread for the most current information.
Grains play an important role in a healthy diet. Eating Well with Canada’s Food Guide recommends grain products as one of the four pillars to maintaining a healthy diet. Villaggio provides a variety of bread products made from wheat and whole grains to meet various dietary requirements.
Villaggio® does not currently make any gluten free products.
Gluten refers to proteins which are found in wheat endosperm. It is responsible for the elasticity of dough, which helps baked goods bind together.
Healthy Grains Institute - Gluten & Gluten Free
When shopping for grain products like bread, pasta, cereals, and baked goods, you will come across various ingredients listed on the labels. Listed below are explanations of what the ingredients mean:
- 100% Whole Grain: Products are made with 100% whole grain flour.
- Whole grain whole wheat flour: This flour is 100% whole grain, containing the bran, germ, and endosperm. Most whole grain whole wheat breads are made with this flour.
- Made with Whole Grain: This term means the product contains whole grains, but may also be mixed with other refined flour(s).
- Multi-Grain: A product labelled Multi-Grain simply means that it contains multiple grains; however, it may or may not contain whole grains.
- Whole Wheat: Under federal regulation, up to 5% of the wheat kernel (approximately 70% of the germ) can be removed during processing and can still be labelled “whole wheat”. Therefore, it does not mean that the product is 100% whole grain.
- Wheat flour: Also known as refined flour, this ingredient is often found in white bread. Refined flour, like wheat flour and all-purpose flour, has both bran and germ removed.
Whole grains include all three parts of a grain kernel: the bran, endosperm and germ.
- Bran: Is the multi-layered outer shell that protects the other two parts of the kernel from sunlight, pests, water, and disease. It is rich in dietary fibre, B vitamins, minerals such as magnesium, iron and zinc, phytochemicals and some protein.
- Endosperm: Is the middle layer tissue that surrounds the germ and is the largest portion of the kernel. The endosperm provides nutrition to the germinating seed and in human diet and contains carbohydrates predominantly starch, proteins and small amounts of vitamins and minerals.
- Germ: Is the inner core of the grain that will sprout into a new plant. It contains vitamins B and E, minerals, phytochemicals and unsaturated fats.
Eating Well with Canada’s Food Guide recommends grain products as one of the four pillars to maintaining a healthy diet. Here are some facts and tips to help you incorporate grains into your diet: For more information on how to incorporate grains into your diet visit:
Health Canada - Food & Nutrition
Healthy Grains Institute - The Whole Grain Story
According to Eating Well with Canada’s Food Guide, the number of servings required for adults is driven by both age and sex. For example, Canada’s Food Guide recommends that a 35 year old female consumes 6-7 servings of grains per day, whereas they recommend a 35 year old male consumes 8 servings per day.
For more information on Canada’s Food Guide, please click here:
Health Canada - Canada's Food Guide
For specific serving requirements, please visit the link below.
Health Canada - Grains Servings Sizes
To find out about career opportunities at Bimbo Canada, please visit our website at www.BimboCanada.com. At Bimbo Canada, we aim to nourish, delight and serve Canada in extraordinary ways, which is why we create meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. We take great pride in developing our associates and supporting them to take charge of their own careers. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, we provide extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Villaggio® has lots of great recipe meal ideas sure to delight your family and friends. Please click here to explore our recipe section. You can also subscribe to our Villaggio® newsletter, where we often provide delicious recipes, and information on our products and promotions.