Open Faced Prosciutto Sandwich
A traditional artisan ham, prosciutto is a delicately savoury, buttery, slightly sweet, cured meat with a rosy hue and superior marbling. This well-loved charcuterie is sliced and served with all of the ingredients to assemble personal servings of open-faced prosciutto sandwiches with our Villaggio® Artesano™ Original White Bread.
Preparation 10 min
Total 10 min
- 8 Slices of Villaggio® Artesano™ Original White Bread
- 1 1/2 cups (360 mL) of garlic aioli
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup of Arugula
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 Pkt ( 5 oz) thinly sliced prosciutto
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic aioli
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large egg yolks (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) of olive oil
- Garnishes: Red Seedless Grapes, Olives, Cornichons, Pickled Onions
- Lightly toast bread and allow to cool.
- Spread with aioli.
- Layer each with 2 slices of cheese, arugula, 2 slices of tomato and top with prosciutto.
- Make aioli in a mortar and pestle or whisked in a bowl.
- Mash garlic with knife’s flat side or mortar and pestle, until it is a paste.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks together with salt.
- Slowly add in 1/4 cup of olive oil, drop by drop, whisking until emulsified.
- Gently whisk in 1 1/2 cups of olive oil, in a steady trickle.
- Stir in mashed garlic.