Open-Face Tuna Melt with Sun-dried Tomatoes
This updated version of the classic diner sandwich is sure to become a new favourite.
Preparation 10 min
Total 20 min
- 6 slices Villaggio® Italian Style Thick Slice 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 2 cans light flaked tuna, drained (170 g each)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat broiler; position rack in centre of oven.
- Stir together tuna, mayonnaise, onion, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, toss together cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley; set aside.
- Arrange bread on baking sheet; broil for 2 minutes per side or until lightly golden. Divide tuna mixture evenly among bread; top with cheese mixture.
- Broil for 1 or 2 minutes or until cheese is melted; cut each diagonally into 4 pieces. Serve immediately.