Four-Tomato Eggs Benedict
The colourful tomatoes star in this flavourful twist on a perennial brunch favourite.
Preparation 20 min
Total 35 min
- 4 slices Villaggio® Italian Style Thick Slice 100% Whole Wheat Bread, toasted and buttered
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 yellow tomato, chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarse salt
- 4 poached eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) salted butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Toss cherry, yellow, Roma and sun-dried tomatoes with olive oil and salt.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted and bubbling. Combine egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard in blender; purée until smooth.
- With motor running, pour the bubbling butter into the blender.
- Season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Spoon tomatoes over slices of bread.
- Top each with poached egg and Hollandaise Sauce.
- Garnish with parsley.
Tips: To poach eggs, fill saucepan with enough water to come 3 inches (15 cm) up side. Heat until water simmers gently; stir in 1 tsp (5 mL) vinegar. Break each egg into small dish; holding dish just above simmering water, slip each egg into water. Cook, in barely simmering water, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the white is set and yolk is cooked to desired doneness. Remove eggs with slotted spoon; drain well on paper towel.