This traditional Italian bread salad makes a satisfying springtime lunch.
Preparation 5 min
Total 20 min
- 6 slices Villaggio® Italian Style Thick Slice 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach
- 1 lb (500 g) asparagus, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped drained marinated artichokes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) halved pitted olives
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped drained sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Italian vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Cut bread into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes; toss with Parmesan and olive oil.
- Spread in single layer on parchment paper-lined baking sheet; bake, stirring once or twice, for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- In bowl, toss together bread cubes, spinach, asparagus, artichokes, olives and sun-dried tomatoes; pour in dressing and toss to coat.