Grilled Chicken and Gruyere Cheese Sandwich
Shredded Chicken with Mayo Sauce, Gruyere, Sweet Pickles and Red Onion. Toasted in a pan until melty and crispy. Enjoy on our Villaggio® Artesano™ Original White Bread.
Preparation 20 min
Total 5 min
- 4 Slices Villaggio® Artesano™ Original White Bread
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22.5 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 whole skinless boneless chicken breast
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ketchup
- 4 slices of gruyere
- 2 sweet pickles (sliced thin)
- 2 sweet pickles (whole) for garnish
- 2 thin slices of red onion
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- In a skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp of the butter until foaming subsides over medium high heat.
- Sauté chicken for 15 – 20 minutes, turning once until cooked through.
- Shred chicken with two forks.
- In a small bowl combine ketchup and mayonnaise with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Mix in shredded chicken.
- Divide the mixture between 2 slices of Villaggio® Artesano™ Original White Bread.
- Top each with 2 Slices of Gruyere Cheese.
- Layer slices of pickle and red onion and then, top with the other slice of Villaggio® Artesano™ Original White Bread.
- In a shallow dish, beat together egg and milk.
- Press each sandwich together firmly and dip into egg mixture.
- Heat the 1 Tablespoon of butter in the skillet and cook sandwich for about 4 minutes per side until golden.
- Flip the sandwich and add more butter if needed.
- Slice in half and serve with pickle on the side.