Preparation 5 min
Total 10 min
- 4 Slices of Villaggio Artesano® Original White Bread
- 350g Aged Canadian Cheddar
- 2 Tbsp Stout OR Milk
- 1 Tsp Mustard Powder
- Dash Tabasco
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Chives -- Chopped
- 6 Cherry / Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the Broiler or Toaster Oven.
- Over low heat, into a small pot add the cheese, stout, mustard powder, Tabasco, and Worcestershire.
- Cook and stir until the cheese has melted and all the ingredients have been incorporated.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Run the 4 slices of bread under a broiler to toast one side only.
- Toss the cherry/grape tomatoes with some olive oil.
- Spread the rarebit over the untoasted side, spread the tomatoes in the same pan, then, brown the bread under a broiler till bubbly and toasty brown, and the tomatoes are cooked, for approximately 1-15 mins.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve with roasted cherry or grape tomatoes.