- 1 lb (454 g) Ground turkey
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup (125 mL) Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ready prepared marinara sauce
- 4 Villaggio® Sausage Buns, lightly toasted
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
PREHEAT oven to 375°F (190°C).
GENTLY mix together turkey, garlic, egg yolk, parsley, half the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Form into 1” (2.5 cm) meatballs with damp hands to prevent sticking. Place meatballs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Lightly spray the meatballs with an olive oil based cooking spray and bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden and cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
WARM marinara sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Assemble sandwiches by layering sauce, sliced cheese and meatballs on a Villaggio bun. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve.