- 4 slices Villaggio® Sesame Bread, toasted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (125 mL) sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup (125 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (25 mL) thinly sliced mint
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light cream cheese, softened
Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat. Sauté onions for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and caramelized. Add balsamic and maple syrup and cook for 2 more minutes or liquid is syrup and onions are well coated.
Toss half the onions with strawberries, cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper and mint. Reserve remaining onions for another use.
Spread cream cheese evenly over bread slices. Top evenly with strawberry tomato mixture.
Use remaining onions as a topping for another sandwich, such as chicken club, grilled steak or even a bacon and egg breakfast bun.