- 4 slices Villaggio® White bread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) icing sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) instant coffee or instant espresso powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cocoa powder
Mix mascarpone cheese with 2 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar and cinnamon. Dissolve coffee granules in vanilla and stir into mascarpone mixture.
Spread 2 tbsp (30 mL) mixture evenly onto two bread slices. Top with remaining slices.
Whisk eggs with milk in a shallow bowl. Dip each sandwich in egg mixture. Melt butter in skillet set over medium-heat. Cook sandwiches for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden.
Dust with cocoa powder and remaining icing sugar and serve warm.