- 4 slices Villagio® Artesano Bread
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- Pinch red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped jarred artichoke hearts, patted dry
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) shredded Asiago cheese
- 4 tsp (20 mL) butter, at room temperature
Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook spinach, half of the garlic, and chili flakes for 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Set aside.
Stir together cream cheese, artichokes, Asiago and remaining garlic. Spread over 2 slices of bread and top with wilted spinach. Cap with remaining bread. Brush outside of sandwiches with butter.
In large nonstick skillet, cook sandwiches over medium-low heat for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown, crisp and cheese is melted.
• For added flavour, use herbed cream cheese.
• Substitute Parmesan for Asiago cheese if desired.