- 8 slices Villaggio® Toscana Thick Slice White Bread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato paste
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Cut bread into triangles. Whisk together 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil and one-third of the minced garlic; brush over bread. Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened and light golden. Stir in remaining garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
Crack eggs into the tomato mixture. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until whites of eggs are no longer translucent. Sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley. Serve with prepared toasts.