- 4 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Crustini Buns
- 3/4 lb (375 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb (250 g) ground pork
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped pickled hot peppers
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
- Sliced pickled peppers
- Mustard, ketchup, relish
1. Mix together ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, hot peppers, garlic powder, salt, pepper, egg and Worcestershire sauce; form into four 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick burgers.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grates well. Grill burgers, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until grill-marked and internal temperature reaches 165˚F (74˚C). Top each burger with slice of cheese. Close lid and grill for about 2 minutes until cheese melts.
3. Layer burgers, lettuce, peppers, and mustard, ketchup and relish as desired in buns.
Tip: A drizzle of balsamic glaze on the burgers is fantastic. To make balsamic glaze, bring 1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar to boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer until reduced by half and mixture is syrupy. Let cool.