- 8 slices Villaggio® Original Thick Sliced Italian Style White Bread
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) hot Italian giardiniera
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, softened
Toss together shredded chicken, Cheddar cheese, giardiniera, maple syrup and sriracha.
Place chicken mixture on 4 slices of bread; cap with remaining slices. Spread outsides of bread with butter. Press in waffle maker for 3 to 5 minutes or until filling is warm and bread is golden brown and marked.
Tip: Hot Italian giardiniera, also called hot mixed vegetables, can be found in most supermarkets in the pickled product section.