- 1 cup (250 mL) Reduced sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Soy sauce
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Pepper
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 lb (1.3-1.8 kg) Beef pot roast
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 8 Villaggio® Crustini Buns, lightly toasted
WHISK together the first seven ingredients in a slow cooker. Add the beef roast, peppers and onion. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat or 4-5 hours on high or until the beef is very tender and falling apart. Shred the beef in the sauce using two forks.
SERVE piled high on the lightly toasted buns.
Garnish with red onion, arugula and horseradish if desired.