- 8 slices Villaggio® Original Thick Sliced Italian Style French Bread
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) balsamic glaze
- 8 basil leaves, torn (optional)
In shallow dish, whisk milk with eggs, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Heat butter in large non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Dip bread into egg mixture until well coated. Cook, in batches for 5 to 6 minutes, flipping once, or until golden brown and crispy.
Arrange two pieces of French toast on each plate. Top with ricotta and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze before serving. Garnish with basil (if using).
Tip: Make balsamic glaze by bringing 1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar with 2 tsp (10 mL) sugar to a boil, then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until it reaches a syrupy consistency.