- 8 slices Villaggio® Toscana Thick Slice White Bread
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups sliced mixed mushrooms (about 12 oz/375 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) goat cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shaved Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Cut crusts from bread; using rolling pin, roll out bread to flatten slightly. Cut into triangles. Place on baking sheet; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until toasted and golden.
Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook garlic and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until browned and moisture has evaporated. Stir in thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, mix together goat cheese, cream cheese and Dijon mustard; spread over toast points. Top evenly with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese.