- 2 slices Villaggio® Artesano Bread, toasted
- 4 slices pancetta, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 4 oz (125 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped kale leaves, ribs removed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) softened butter
1. In skillet set over medium heat, fry pancetta for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate.
2. In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat; sauté mushrooms, garlic and hot pepper flakes for 5 to 6 minutes or until moisture has evaporated and mushrooms are golden. Add kale; sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted.
3. Spread butter over toast. Divide mushroom mixture evenly over toast. Sprinkle pancetta over top.
Tip: Look for exotic mushrooms, if desired, such as oyster, shiitake, portobello or cremini.