- 4 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Buns
- 1 each red and green pepper, halved and seeded
- 4 Italian sausages, mild or hot, scored
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato sauce, heated
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) hot pepper rings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grates well. Grill peppers for 3 to 5 minutes or until charred. Remove from grill and slice lengthwise.
Grill sausages for 14 to 16 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
2. Grill buns, cut side down, for about 1 minute or just until toasted.
3. Place sausages and peppers in buns; top with tomato sauce. layer two slices mozzarella cheese over sauce in each bun.
4. Top with hot pepper rings and sliced basil.
• Use a variety of hot and sweet peppers if desired. Look for banana peppers, red hot peppers, serranos and jalapeños if you love heat.
• Keep a water-filled spray bottle near the barbecue to put out any flare-ups from the dripping sausages.