- 4 slices Villaggio® White Bread
- 4 slices eggplant, cut lengthwise and 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick
- 1 red peppers, seeded and halved
- 2 slices red onion, cut in rings and 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- 2 tsp (10 mL) red wine vinegar
- 4 slices provolone cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place eggplant, peppers and onions slices on foil-lined baking sheet; brush with 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Slice vegetables into strips. Toss with vinegar.
Layer between 2 bread slices, 1 cheese slice, half the vegetables and another cheese slice. Repeat to make another sandwich. Brush outside of bread lightly with remaining olive oil.
Preheat Panini press according to manufacturer’s instructions. Grill in press for 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.