- 1 ½ lbs (675 g) Ground beef
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ready prepared marinara sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) Italian cheese blend
- 4 Villaggio® Crustini Buns
PREHEAT oven to 375°F (190°C).
GENTLY mix beef, garlic, half the Parmesan cheese, egg yolk, parsley, salt and pepper. Form into four equal patties. Flatten well and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
TOP each patty with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of marinara sauce and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the cheese blend, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
ASSEMBLE by placing on a Villaggio Crustini Bun and serve. Buon appetito!