Preparation 10 min
Total 15 min
- 4 Slices of Villaggio Artesano® Original White Bread
- 1 Cup (250g) Strawberries - Sliced
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15mL) Orange Liqueur
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup (125mL) Half-and-Half
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) Honey
- 1 Tsp (5mL) Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp (30g) Orange Zest – One Strip
- 1/4 Cup (60g) Butter
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Icing Sugar
- 1/4 Cup (60g) Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup (60-125mL) Maple Syrup, for serving
- In a small bowl, toss the Sliced Strawberries together with the Sugar and Orange Liqueur.
- In a shallow-rimmed dish (large enough to hold the 4 slices of bread) whisk together the eggs with half-and-half, honey, vanilla extract, and orange zest.
- Add in the 4 slices of bread
- Turn to coat the bread slices with egg mixture, then, allow to soak for 10 mins.
- Heat up pan over medium heat, melt in butter and swirl pan to coat surface evenly with melted butter.
- Pan fry in butter for about 5 mins, until golden brown on each side.
- Sprinkle with Icing Sugar.
- Serve with sliced almonds, strawberries, and drizzle with maple syrup.