Open-faced Steak Sandwich with Blue Cheese
Preparation 2 hrs
Total 2 hrs 10 min
- 8 Slices of Villaggio Artesano® Original White Bread
- 1 lb (450g) Flat Iron or Flank Steak
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced or pressed
- 1 Tsp (5g) Thyme
- 1 Tbsp (15mL) Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp (15mL) Hot Sauce
- 8 Roasted Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbsp (15mL) Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Watercress
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 – 3/4 Cup (125-185g) Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 Cup (125g) Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup (60mL) Sour Cream
- 1 Tsp (5g) Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 415°F (210°C).
- In a resealable bag, add in garlic, thyme, Worcestershire, hot sauce and combine.
- Add in the steak into the resealable bag and turn to coat evenly.
- Allow the steak to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Heat up a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and sear the steak for 3-5 mins. per side for medium-rare (less or more time, depending on taste preference).
- Remove from heat and allow the meat to rest before cutting.
- Toss the tomatoes in olive oil to coat, then roast at 415°F (210°C) for 10-15 mins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon zest, then evenly divide, and spread over the 4 slices of bread.
- Slice up the steak and evenly layer over the remaining 4 slices of bread then top with the blue cheese crumble and layer with watercress, red onions, and roasted tomatoes.
- Complete by topping with the reserved four slices of bread which were spread with the mayo mixture.