- 2 cans light flaked tuna, drained (170 g each)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 slices Villaggio® 100% Whole Wheat Thick Sliced Italian-Style Bread
Preheat broiler; position rack in centre of oven. Stir together tuna, mayonnaise, onion, lemon zest, salt and pepper. In separate bowl, toss together cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley; set aside.
Arrange bread on baking sheet; broil for 2 minutes per side or until lightly golden. Divide tuna mixture evenly among bread; top with cheese mixture. Broil for 1 or 2 minutes or until cheese is melted; cut each diagonally into 4 pieces. Serve immediately.
Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped black olives to the tuna mixture, if desired.