- 2 slices Villaggio® Artesano Bread, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pizza sauce
- Pinch garlic powder
- 4 oz (125 g) buffalo mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh basil
- Pinch each salt and hot pepper flakes
1. Spread pizza sauce over toast. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Arrange mozzarella cheese over top.
2. Place on baking sheet; broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil, salt and hot pepper flakes.
• Ready-to-use pizza sauce is available in cans or squeeze bottles in the grocery store.
• If desired, add sliced green peppers, tomatoes or corn to the sandwich.