- 3 Villaggio® Original Thick Sliced Italian Style White Bread, crusts removed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 12 raspberries
- Mascarpone Cream:
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) softened mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared lemon curd, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cut slices of bread into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes; toss with melted butter and sugar. Spread cubes on rimmed baking sheet; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and toasted.
Mascarpone Cream: In bowl, whip cream with icing sugar to soft peaks. Fold in mascarpone, and 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon curd until smooth.
Place a few toasted bread cubes onto 12 ceramic spoons. Top each with dollop of Mascarpone Cream and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of remaining lemon curd. Top with raspberry.
Tip: Omit lemon curd and stir chocolate shavings into mascarpone if desired. Garnish with additional chocolate shavings.