- 1 package Villaggio® Italian Style Sausage Buns
- 6 (150g each) Italian sausages
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely chopped rainbow peppers (red, green, yellow)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Mix peppers with onions, olive oil, red wine vinegar, smoked paprika and salt. Let stand for 15 minutes.
Grill sausage, turning occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Assemble sausages in buns with fresh pepper salsa.
If serving for less people, divide accordingly.
Use mild or spicy Italian sausage. Garnish sandwiches with fresh basil, if desired.