- 4 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Sausage Buns
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1 lb (500 g) jumbo peeled deveined shrimp (16-20 count)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula
- Lemon wedges
1. Mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and hot pepper flakes; toss with shrimp.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grates well. Thread shrimp onto soaked bamboo or metal skewers. Grill shrimp, turning once, for 4 to 5 minutes or until grill-marked, pink and opaque.
3. In food processor or blender, purée red peppers. Add mayonnaise; blend until smooth.
4. Spread red pepper mayonnaise over buns; sandwich shrimp and arugula in buns. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: To roast red peppers, place peppers on foil-lined baking sheet and broil, turning to char all sides. Place in a plastic bag to steam. Peel off charred skins and remove seeds and stems. Chop and use as desired.