- 4 Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Crustini Buns, toasted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) drained capers
- 2 cans (each 170 g) water-packed tuna, well drainedand flaked
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula
Chop 3 tbsp (45 mL) of capers; set remaining capers aside. Mix together chopped capers, tuna, breadcrumbs, eggs, 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil,half of the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
Divide into 4 portions; shape into 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties. Brush patties with remaining olive oil to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour on parchment paper–lined tray. Stir mayonnaise with remaining lemon juice; set aside.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Reduce heat to medium; grill patties for 3 or 4 minutes per side or until grill-marked and heated through.
Assemble burgers in buns with lemon mayonnaise, arugula and reserved capers.
Tip:Top burgers with tomato and cucumber slices if desired.
Tip: Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) of chopped fresh parsley or mint to the burger patties if desired.