- 1 package Villaggio® Toscana Extra Soft Crustini Buns (8)
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) tomato sauce, heated
- 8 slices Fontina cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh basil leaves, torn
Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Toss chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until grill-marked and cooked through.
Assemble chicken in buns with tomato sauce, Fontina cheese and fresh basil.
Wrap sandwiches in tinfoil and grill for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bun is slightly crispy.
If serving for less people, divide accordingly.
Substitute chicken with eggplant slices for a vegetarian option.